Friday, August 6, 2010

Kitchen Island Impersonator

This former Singer sewing machine cabinet turned kitchen island is one of my favorite pieces of furniture in the house.  I swear, if I had ten of these things I could find a place to use every single one of them.  It's just the perfect size to fit anywhere. But, at least for now, I'm liking it right here in the kitchen.
















  Kitchen islands don't have to come from the kitchen island store with a 
tag that says "kitchen island".  
What about a dresser or old chest?  Try adding a slab of granite to an old work bench. 
Think outside the box...


Check out other great ideas at Funky Junk Interiors
Click here to check out Donna's very unique island and other cool kitchen ideas...

*To see the parties I link to and to join in the fun, CLICK HERE!
If you enjoyed this post (and, gosh, I hope you did) please BECOME A FOLLOWER!

11 comments:

  1. That's a great idea for an island. I love old sewing cabinets. I've used them for side tables before, but never for an island.

    Did you do your floors? Are they real brick? I love the look. They're stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't believe this but the floors are made out of a pile of old bricks we found in the back yard when we bought the house. They were completely covered with grass and weeds. We had them cut in thirds and I laid them. It was time consuming because they are all different sizes and shapes but I think it was worth it. I'm glad you like them...

    Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the floors!!! (came over here from Funky Junk btw) I adore your kitchen. Great job. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindy, that is an awesome story! I adore the floors. They look like they've been there for over a hundred years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative! I love your ceilings, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Love your kitchen and blog!
    The link you entered at Funky Junk interior doesn't work...There is an http extra in the link.
    I still find you and love what i see. Come say hi and follow back :)
    Gros bisous
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this sweet table and your kitchen is too swoon over. The floor is gorgeous! I find myself studying your photos to peak at the rest of your house. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a fabulous kitchen! Full of personal style, not cookie cutter. I really like your petite kitchen island, great prep spot. Makes me look for fun new ways to use what I have,too.

    Cheers,
    Kara
    http://vivrelejour.blogspot.com

    P.S.Thank you for your kind thoughts about my blog and the top 10 list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely charming kitchen. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a charming island! Love it. I really love your ceiling and large wood beam! You have a great kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love you're decorating style!

    Popping in from Saving Money Living Life.

    ReplyDelete

I'm excited you're leaving a comment. I can't wait to read it...L.